Friday, February 26, 2010

Treasures From the Past

Well, I was sifting through the 300 and something old e-mails in my account, and I came upon some documents I'd sent to myself so that I could print them...about a year or two ago. Many of these were stories I'd lost when my hard drive crashed last year, and I was thrilled to find them again.

This one is a poem I wrote for one of my many started projects...the book was to be entitled "Window Soul," and is the story of a young woman who was born with the ability to travel between the nine planes of existence. At the same time, however, a powerful demon is released from his prison, and the girl proves to be the only one who can track him throughout the planes. Maybe someday I'll finish it, but for now, I'll be content with the poem.

By the way, this was written several years ago, and some of the rhymes are...less than what they could be :). I still like it, and it brings back many memories of the stories I wrote back when I had the time to dedicate hours to their conception. Enjoy :)


Window Soul
By Keziah Roy



When planes align, what evil brings
This rare and wondrous sight?
One child born, one hell released
This dark and evil night.

How grand and terr’ble to behold
When crimson eyes did stare
In mental anguish quite deserved
With molten rock for air.

A painful yet life-bringing night,
A window now is born.
With auburn hair and eyes so green,
She sees through ev’ry door.

Nine planes of life, nine steps of hell
The same for heavens too.
Nine faerie ranks, nine demons cruel
Nine angels keeping good

The chance of all aligning, though,
Nine thousand times to one.
The chance of balance now restored?
Nine thousand times to none.

No comments:

Post a Comment